Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Summer is such an awesome time for sessions. [Okemos Studio - Lansing Photographer - Child/Family Portraits]

     Michigan summers.   Such a mixed bag - so hot last week my house was sealed up like a mausoleum to keep the air conditioning inside.  Windows shut, curtains drawn, and even then the upstairs never really got 'cool'.
     Fast forward to this week, where I had to have the heat on in the car to keep my toes warm this morning.  I had the windows, open, mind you - to enjoy that great morning breeze, but it was a too cool for my little piggies.  AND I had to wear a sweater!
     But, it's what we've come to expect from Michigan.  You never know what you're going to get in a certain week, but it's certain it won't last - whatever it is.   The monsoons from 2 weeks ago were a big problem for us and our outdoor sessions, but we did manage a few nice days.   And here's a session to prove it.   These adorable munchkins are my niece and nephew.   They live out of state, so I don't get to see them nearly enough - but I do get to photograph them when they're here.  I just love their energy, their laugh, and their cheeks!
    We are so fortunate to have our outdoor studio!  When we lost a big tree years ago, it was apparent we had to make some changes to our back yard.  So we hired a landscape architect and designed a studio perfect for outdoor photography.  If you haven't seen it before, you should stop by.   People are always amazed when they step out onto our deck and see what's 'hidden' behind the studio.   Pond, waterfall, 'beach', barn, arbor, flowers, pine trees, brick, English gate and more!  Right here on Grand River!   We've got it all.  So, if you'd like to get in a session this summer - give us a call - soon!   Summer will be over before we know it.   And we'll be back to wearing parkas.  :-)


No comments: